As in previousyears, also this one, from May 3. until 20/05/2022, the Summer School Hazardous Substances have been organized at the Faculty of Health Sciences. The summer school took place as part of the elective course "Hazardous Substances" (taught by Prof. Dr. Polonca Trebše), which is accredited in English and has been held since 2015 in the form of a summer school with international participation.
In addition to the students of the 4th year of the first-cycle of Sanitary engineering study program (12 students), the summer school was attended by 23 students from CEEPUS countries, members of the network SI-905 "Training and research in environmental chemistry and toxicology" (coordinator ZF UL), more precisely from the University of Novi Sad, Faculty of Technology, Serbia (2 students), University of Belgrade, Faculty of Biology, Serbia (3 students), University "TRANSILVANIA" from Brasov, Faculty of Medicine, Romania (6 students), University of Podgorica , Faculty of Natural Sciences and Mathematics, Podgorica (1 student), University of Sarajevo, Faculty of Health Studies (6 students) and Faculty of Pharmacy, BiH (1 student), and University of Tuzla, Faculty of Natural Sciences and Mathematics, BiH (4 students).
The teaching staff was also international:
- Prof. dr. Richard Thacker – University of West Scotland, UK,
- prof. dr. Jasmina Djedibegović – University of Sarajevo, BiH,
- prof. dr. Mihaela Badea and Cristina Adochite – Transilvania University of Brasov,
- prof. dr. Laura Gaman – University of Medicine and Pharmacy Carol Davila Bucharest, Rominuja,
- Lovro Tomazin – Kimi, d.o.o., Slovenia and
- prof. dr. Polonca Trebše – University of Ljubljana, Slovenia.
As part of the summer school, we also organized a guided tour of Ljubljana for school participants.